Thursday 19 October 2017

Back to reality.... as far as you know

Hello everybody!

I am back after a long hiatus, I am back and ready to share any and all wisdom that I have.
Maybe not wisdom, but at least perspective.

My Dungeons and Dragons chart probably looks something like this:

Inteligence: 14
Charisma: 10
Dexterity: 8
Strength: 11
Wisdom: 16

I hope you are all doing well.

When I left this blog in 2014, I was having trouble with my mind. I was hallucinating, and I had a lot of delusions that I was convinced were real.
I fell into an alternate dimension, and died, came back in a new dimension. fell into a pit of despair and pulled my self out of it (with the help of my family). I was formally diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. I was given medication for my hallucinations and delusions, but they didn't work, so they put me on something else for my emotions, but that made me more depressed, so here I am, drug-free, and doing pretty well. I still have disorganized thinking and illusions and delusions to deal with on a day to day bases, but all in all My life is as normal as it was before.

I manage my stress through breathing, meditation and I have learned to tell the difference between what is real, and what is not. I can also (if I'm not too stressed) turn down the radio in my head. Occasionally it's a radio, sometimes it sounds like a police scanner or some kind of communication between 2 or more people, but it's mostly in some other language so I don't know what they are saying. 

People say "when life gets hard, you have to get harder." but that's not really true. When life gets hard you should become jello. moldable, fit to form in any situation and just go with it. Try not to hold on to anger or stress. Sure you can feel angry or sad or anything you want for a little while, but you need to be able to let it go.

My hope for this new reboot of this blog is that people will see that people with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder are just like ordinary people. I want people to know that not all schizophrenics are bad, in fact, most of them are fine people. I'll be sharing my tips and tricks that I'm learning in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and hopefully, it will help give other people with mental illness the resources they need.

Schizophrenia is a mental illness just like any other mental illness. It's all chemicals in the brain. You won't look down on someone with the flu, so don't look down on those with any kind of mental illness.

All the best,
Nameless Hipster

No comments:

Post a Comment