Monday 8 April 2024

The TV Works, but the Clicker is Broken- Chapter 7

 SEVEN

“Manifestation requires a balance of energies"


He opened his eyes, hoping to see a new day in his room, but the woman had changed spots and was now laying on top of him.

"Who are you?" Matt asked.

"My name's Sussy,” She laid down on top of him. He expected her to be heavy but she weighed no more than a cat. “I'm the demon that found you by the river."

"You? But you look so different?” Matt looked her up and down. This woman looked nothing like the giant thing that had put him in a box. That thing was scally and half goat or something. Not to mention it was the size of a building.

"I entered your dream silly.” She rolled off of his chest and cuddled up next to him on the bed. ”I wanted to talk to you."

“You entered my dreams?!” Matt pushed her away slightly.

“Of Course. I’m half succubus, so I can enter people's dreams, change the events in them to my will, and even enter daydreams. I figured it would be easier to communicate, because I don’t speak human.”

“Human isn’t the language. What language do you speak?”

“I speak enochian like all demons speak, but we don’t understand whatever language you lost souls seem to scream all the time. Right now, because it’s a dream and I want to communicate with you, you can understand me and I can understand you.” She squished her face against his. “You are so cute.”

“Thank you,” Matt said through a squished face. “What do you want with me?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, this is Hell, you are a demon. I went to church growing up, I know what this is. You are going to torture me for all eternity.”

“No!” Sussy held him close to her.His face lay in her bare chest. “I want to keep you safe, and make you feel at home. I looked up some information about your people, but I wanted to know if there was anything specific I could do. To make you feel more at home.” 

“So, you don’t want to kill me, or torture me, or have birds feast on my eyes?” Matt used specific examples he’d learned growing up with Sunday school.

“What’s a bird?” Sussy asked, lifting him up off her chest. 

“Never mind.” Matt avoided eye contact. He was still having trouble remembering his real life before he died, but he was sure it had been a while since he shared a bed with a beautiful woman. “So you want to keep me as your pet?”

“Yes! A pet!” Sussy started playing with his hair. “Not a lot of demons keep lost souls as pets, but It was either this, or I could take you to the Crimson Bridge.”

“The Crimson Bridge.” Matt perked up “You know where that is?”

“Of course, I can take you there tomorrow.” Sussy wiggled off of him and stood up in front of him. "So this is your house? In the living world?"

"Yeah, Uh, it was my house growing up." He stood up and started walking around the room continuing to avoid eye contact with the demon. "I spent a lot of time here." 

"I can see why, it's a beautiful place." She looked at the symbols above his door. "What do these symbols mean?"

"It says Matthew, that's my name."

"Mah-at-hew" Sussy tried to pronounce the name. Matt giggled to himself. "That is a hard name. I'll just call you Hue." She sat down right next to him, and you may call me Sussy, I think you'll make a good pet." She started smothering him with kisses. “I'll feed you and make sure you get enough exercise, and keep you safe."

"But I'm a human, I'm not an animal."

"An-i-mall?" Sussy looked confused.

"You know an animal, a creature that's usually on 4 legs, they have fur instead of hair, they don't communicate with language like humans do."

"That sounds like half the demons that live in Dusthuk."

"Dusthuk?"

"Yes, my town, I'll show you tomorrow. We can walk to the Crimson Bridge and I can show you everything."

"I don't want to stay here! I don't belong in Hell!" Matt started paced around the room. "I don't understand what is happening, I wasn't that bad of a person, I was good. I attended church, I volunteered my time to the homeless and the enderly, I gave away hot chocolate to people on the street in the winter, I ran marathons, I was good to the planet! Why would I come here?" 

“Well, Dusthuk is the land of evil words, so most likely something to do with that.”

“But I just washed up on the shore by chance!”

“Pft. Nothing happens by chance.” Sussy shrugged and walked over to Matt, “It’s all connected.” She gave him a hug and suddenly he shrank into the size of a baby and Sussy started to rock him back and forth. The room changed suddenly and Sussy was sitting on a porch looking at a clam sunrise in a rocking chair. Baby Matt could feel her heart beating close to him and his eyes got heavy as if his own mother was rocking him to sleep. "I don't know why lost souls come here, and I don't know why you are here. There is no love or light in Hell, but I can try and make you feel comfortable and safe. You will be treated better than any other lost soul, I guarantee it!" The words were comforting. But it just made Matt more homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment