Wednesday 13 November 2013

Hello everybody!

Hi Dr. Nick
I trust you're doing well. I just finished a few books, because books are the new TV shows and I figured, this being my blog and I can write about whatever I want, I'd review them for you

Betty whites auto biography:
Betty White If you ask me (and of course you won't)
I read this in a day, I couldn't put it down. It was easy to read and the stories were interesting. I mostly love the way to was written. You can almost hear Betty white sitting on a sofa in her house writing about her life. It's written in kind of a journal format, but she gives the reader some background and behind the sense information about her life. 
The first few sections I was laughing and I put it down to tell my dad "this sounds like the rumblings of grandpa Simpson! I love it!" And then I shut up and read the rest. I love Betty Whites fondness for animals and ofcaurse she's a very talented actress. I didn't know she had written other books, so now I'm on the look out for them. I hope when I'm her age I'll be a secessful actress. 
Actually, when I'm her age I hope to either be dead for 50 years. But she makes old age look fun! Maybe I will make it to 89!
The next book I read was "The help"

The help by Kathryn Stockett
Now if you follow me on twitter you know how long it took me to Finnish this book and I had to force myself to do it. I liked the idea behind the book and I think I would totally be like the "Miss Skeeter" charicter if I was in the 1960's. Actually I guess I'd be more like mrs. Celia. A housewife with nothing to do but sit around all day and look pretty but I'd be polite to my help.
Now I don't want to give away to plot for those of you who haven't read the book or seen the movie, but I don't recommend reading this book of you don't like fiction. 
I hate fiction, but I wanted to read this book before I saw the movie. However now that I've read the book, I don't want to see the movie. I didn't like this book.
Like. I said before I liked the idea of it, and I like some of the story bites, but as a whole, I didn't like it. I did love that the characters made sense logically, and you could really get to know them and there struggles, you learn that behind every face, no matter what colour, there is a secret. But I already knew that going in. Maybe that's why it wasn't my cup of tea. There was too much foreshadowing, to me it was too predictable. But the characters were lovely and the story was well written. I might read this authors work in the future.

I still have six more books from the library to read before the 28th. Cloud atlas, jumper, and biographies and autobiographies of various celebrities. I'll give my reviews on twitter as I read them, and if I have anything extensive to write about them I just might blog about it.

I have to get to reading now, bye bye!
All the best,
Nameless hipster girl

No comments:

Post a Comment