Friday 9 November 2012

If I should die before I wake, tell him to suck a lemon.


Hey there blogger people, you’ll be hipsters in no time (to the tune of Hey there… something girl… not sure, I’m thinking of the Simpsons version. You know:
 “Hey computer geek, you’ll be connected in no time.” –Arty Ziff)

That was the longest parentheses conversation I’ve ever typed. Anyway, my topic today is autocorrect. Doesn’t it suck! I was texting my friend Sydney the other day and my phone changed “Hat” to “Harry”. It made me sound like I wanted a crochet Harry Potter puppet. And now I do want one… damn. Technology, am I right? Anyway, most people’s auto correct change things to something sexual, so I guess it could have been more embarrassing:

“Hey Sydney can you crotch me a penis?”
“WTF did you just text me.”
“I’m sorry; I meant can you make me a hat.”

My phone, because it is the awesome Samsung galaxy note,

has a swipe keyboard so it kind of just guesses what you meant and if you don’t correct it, it will guess the wrong thing every time. But I still love my phone.
So, on the note of auto corrections and you guys sending me e-mails, why don’t you guys send me e-mails and comments and tweet about your worst auto correct. Did you accidentally dirty text your grandma? Did you confess to your best friend you’re gay? Did your mother thing you were her husband? Send me a screen shot and I’ll tell the world about it on my blog!

That’s all I have time for now folks, have a nice day!

@Nameless Hipster
hipstergirlwithnumbers@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. The song you are referring to in your intro is from a very old movie called "Georgie Girl" starring Vanessa Redgrave. Later on in the 70's (Groovy Baby), the Matel Corporation adopted it for Barbie. The jingle became more famous than the movie it was based on, but it goes like this (you know the tune). "Hey there, Georgie Girl, Swinging down the street so fancy-free...."
    Just thought you would like to know. TTFN- Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, an addition to my previous post - the Barbie jingle was "Hey there, Barbie girl -" and whatever new gadget they were touting at the time.
    I remember when they had the new motor home for Barbie and they jingle went sort of like "Hey there, Barbie girl, swinging round the town in your new motor home!" Whatever - probably sold a million of them. TTFN- Mo

    ReplyDelete