Saturday 4 August 2012

Charlie is the name. Actually no...

Dear blog readers,
As promised this post will be all about music! Last week I told you about an awesome song called "booggere" that I got free off iTunes, did you get a chance to check it out? I always get free stuff from iTunes because if you're going to get an MP3 player that costs 400$ that can do a bunch of crap, I should not be expected to pay for all my music. I suppose why that's why people jailbreak there iPods and iPhones.
Well I haven't had the chance to check out this weeks song of the week or French song of the week (which I also get. So far "noir et blace" is my favorite free song but there are some close seconds.)
If you don't have an iPod and are using something other then iTunes to listen to music on, you are clearly not a hipster so what are you doing reading my blog? Go on, get out of here! Shoo!
Sheesh, anyway I've got a lot of cool songs to tell you about. I love classical music; my favorite at the moment is:
Delibes: Lakme something or other.
It's got a lot of words after that but I can never remember what they are. But it's just so awesome! You guys should check it out!
Also, I don't know if this happened to you guys, but sometimes I'll forget about a band and come back to them months or years later and go "I remember these guys! I love them!" typically for me this happened with "panic at the disco" and "the killers" but most recently it happened with "sugar ray."


I love sugar ray! When the show "do you know the lyrics" or "know the lyrics" or what ever it was called came on the host was Wayne Brady, and all my friends and I wanted to be on it to meet Wayne Brady because he was on "who's line is it anyway" (plus he's Wayne Brady)
Wayne Brady! 'nough said

 but after he got off the show to go back to Vegas to perform, guess who the host of the show was? None other then a certain Mr. Mark McGrath the lead singer of Sugar Ray!
 And so I wanted to be on the show even more, but all my friends were like "pft who's that guy? What ever!" to which I said
... Well so many songs I love by them so I can't even sing a specific song. But I would have loved to sing a Sugar Ray song right next to the lead singer of the band! But that would be embarrassing if I got it wrong.
Plus my dreams have changed. Oh well, stay on.
So like I was saying I love them and I recently re-discovered them on my iPod. Especially the song "new direction" which actually there are 2 of. On the CD 14:59 the first and last songs are both called "new direction" but I'm talking about the first one

"Be nice to your sister
Talk to your grandmother
Paint her a pretty picture
Don't play ball in the house
Don't run with Scissors
Be nice to cops"
All sung in the voice stylings reminiscent of dethklok. Ah Nathain Explotion if you were real I... Actually they are a real band, but I can't go to their concert, I don't have enough money.
Dethklok La diddy da doo Dethkolok

I blame drugs. Not because I have a problem, just because there is no one else to blame. Drugs are my scapegoat. But then George Clooney stares at it and it does.
So many random references today I hope you guys get them all!
Anyway other things you should check out. Because I've got other things to do and you obviously don't because you're reading this blog are as follows:
K-os (Canadian, rap/hip-hop/rege)
Moby(for obvious reasons)
Any kind of music from TV shows or random musicals (Repo and the simpsons included)
So check those out and follow me on twitter! Tweet back at me or leave a comment on the blog!
See you all next week I'll tell you all about my hipster levels!(right now they're low)
Nameless Hipster girl

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hipster girl - you should check out the free music at cbc.ca/music on CBC Radio.
    There's every genre of music and it's all free internet radio. I don't think you can download any tho - but it's cool to be able to access it all. Just sayin' cuz u know I love the radio!- Original Cheech!

    ReplyDelete