Friday 26 July 2013

Songs I never understood as a kid

Hello there,

Okay, as a kid. I, as I'm sure you have, heard songs by Aqua, Backstreet boys, exthetera.
And there were a few songs that I never understood. I imagined I would understand them when I got older, but I listen to them now and I still think "What the f**k are they talking about?"

Examples
First
Backstreet boys... Or Insink... However it's spelt... Always got them mixed up...
"I want it that way"
"I never wanna hear you say I want it that way.
What way? What is this this that she would want the other way? Is it sexual? Is it literal? Des he just not like those words in the particular order? I don't understand!

Second
Aqua
Barbie girl
Now, Aqua apparently got sued for this song because they didn't get the rights to use the "Barbie" brand. Bt they won. So... You suck.
But my main point. Barbie (illedgedly) can do all kinds of things. Which, if you have a good imagination is true, my Barbie mostly just hung out with her friends and smoked weed.
"I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees"
NEVER I say NEVER have any of my Barbies EVER been able to bend at the knees. Especially not enough to beg on her knees. Barbie was either sitting with her legs straight out, or she was standing.
I'm pretty sure all of Aqua's song were meant as sexual innuendo.
Think of a song...
Think of the words...
See? You see?!
 I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Unfortunately I have no third example. But have you heard the song "liquid dreams" by O-Town. Just the name SCREAMS "In appropriate work place topic"
But he says 
"I dream about a girl, who's a mix of Destinies Child, just a little touch of Madonna's wild style, with Janet Jackson's smile." 
That sounds... Creepy...

Anyway. I guess that's it for today. I'll talk to you guys later.
Nameless Hipster girl

No comments:

Post a Comment